Double Chain Easy Cord (D-ch) is one of my favorite techniques. You can make ties, belts, draw-string for your finished projects, and even use it as a foundation sc to begin your work.
- Leave a long yarn tail at the beginning, approximately 3 times as long as the desired length of the cord.
- Make a slip knot to create the first chain.
- Holding the working yarn around your index finger, tail over the hook from front to back (2 loops on the hook).
- Holding the bottom of the cord with your thumb and middle finger, grab working yarn and draw it through both loops on the hook (1 loop on the hook).
- Repeat STEPS 3 and 4 until you reach the desired length.
Here are some examples of using Double Chain Easy Cord (D-ch) in my patterns. You can click the images below to see the patterns.