Cupid’s Heart Pincushion is a great beginner-friendly project for using up your fabric scraps and showing off your heart-felt handiwork! This pattern is written using imperial system of units (US terms), including step-by-step images and printable templates. You will need a printer and Adobe Acrobat Reader to print the template.DOWNLOAD PATTERN
FORMAT & LANGUAGE:
• PDF, 7 pages, 1 MB (mobile devices friendly)
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Beginner
SIZES: Approximately 51⁄4 ” X 5 ” excluding lace trim.
SKILLS: Basic sewing, clipping, and notching; transferring marks; free motion quilting or walking foot quilting; hand sewing (ladder stitch).
TOOLS & MATERIALS you will need:
• Fabric for back & front – 1 fat eighth or 2 pieces of 8” X 8” fabric scraps.
• Fabric for hanging loop (optional) – 1 1⁄2” X 10” strip.
• Batting – Use batting scraps, slightly larger than your fabric pieces
• Stuffing – Use any stuffing material you like, polyester or natural, or shredded batting scraps can be used as well.
• Lace Trim (optional) – 18 ” of gathered trim or 60” of trim with straight edges. • Width - approximately 1 1⁄2 ” or as desired.