Snuggles The Cactus Big Amigurumi PDF Crochet Pattern
Here is my new friend - Snuggles the Cactus. Unlike other cacti, Snuggles is not pokey and he won’t hurt you…he is actually very soft, cuddly, and squishy, the opposite of what a cactus is. Snuggles is the only cactus you want to snuggle with!
FORMAT: PDF, 11 pages, 8.1 MB (mobile devices friendly). Language - English. The pattern is written row-by-row using US crochet terms. It also includes diagrams, step-by-step photos, and a conversion chart to UK terms.
SKILLS: Chain, slip stitch, single crochet, double crochet, popcorn stitch, bobble stitch, working in the round, increasing, decreasing, sewing.
GAUGE: 9 sc X 8.5 rows = 4” X 4” (10 X 10 cm), working with an 8 mm (L) hook & Bernat Blanket yarn.
- Bernat Blanket Brights Big Ball Yarn; Qty: 2 balls of Go-Go Green
- Bernat Super Value Yarn; Qty: 1⁄3 skein of Lilac for bow (optional); a small amount of Black, White, and Peony Pink
- 5.5 mm (I)
- 8 mm (L)
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch markers
- Pot: Height 9”-10” (22.9-25.4 cm); Top diameter 11”-12” (27.9-30.5 cm)
- Hot glue gun & fabric glue sticks (optional)
- Large bag of polyester stuffing or bed pillow - approximately 45 oz (1.3 kg)
Approximately 32” (81.3 cm) tall including pot.
If you wish to make a mini version of Snuggles, just find a thinner yarn and a smaller size hook. For example, I used slightly over 1 skein of Paintbox Simply Aran yarn (4/medium) with a 4.5 mm (G) hook for cactus and a 3.5 mm (E) hook for eyes & bow. Snuggles Junior turned out just about 11” (27.9 cm) including the pot. His pot is a Yarn Bowl by Loops & Threads from Michael’s, which fits perfectly.
To view PDF patterns you will need the latest version of Adobe Reader installed on your computer or mobile device. We do not recommend to read or print patterns directly from a web browser.