John the Canadian Bear PDF Crochet Pattern
FORMAT: PDF, 13 pages, 9.12 MB (mobile devices friendly). The pattern is written row-by-row using US crochet terms. It also includes diagrams, step-by-step photos, and a conversion chart to UK terms.
SKILLS: Chain, slip stitch, single crochet, back post single crochet, working in rows and in the round, increasing, decreasing, sewing.
GAUGE: 9 sc X 8.5 rows = 4” X 4” (10 X 10 cm), working with an 8 mm (L) hook.
- Bernat Blanket Big Ball Yarn; Qty: 3 skeins
- Bernat Super Value Yarn; Qty: small amount
- 5 mm (H)
- 8 mm (L)
- Bulky yarn needle
- Stitch markers
- 2 buttons for eyes - 1” (2.5 cm)
- Large bag of polyester stuffing or bed pillow - approximately 45 oz (1.3 kg)
- Lace ribbon 3 1⁄2” (9 cm) wide & Fray Check or bandanna
Approximately 31” (78.75 cm) tall. If you wish to make your bear smaller, just use a thinner yarn with a suitable size hook. The finished size will vary depending on the gauge.
To view PDF patterns you will need the latest version of Adobe Reader installed on your computer or mobile device. We do not recommend to read or print patterns directly from a web browser.