Happy Hippo The Hippopotamus Big Amigurumi PDF Crochet Pattern
Happy hippo is a very friendly big hippopotamus, that's why he is always happy to receive hugs. In return, he will supply you with endless smiles. This crochet pattern is in PDF format with Instant Download. It is written row-by-row using US crochet terms. It also includes crochet diagrams, step-by-step photos, and a conversion chart to UK terms.
FORMAT & LANGUAGE:
- PDF, 16 pages, 10.9 MB (mobile devices friendly)
SKILLS: Chain, slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, Front post double crochet, working in rows and the round, amigurumi joining technique, increasing, decreasing, sewing.
GAUGE: 9 sc X 8.5 rows = 4” X 4” (10 X 10 cm), working with an 8 mm (L) hook & Bernat Blanket yarn. The gauge is not critical for this item. Your finished size & the amount of yarn may vary depending on the materials used & your tension.
- Bernat Blanket / Brights Big Ball Yarn; Qty: 2 1⁄2 skeins of Busy Blue for hippo, 1⁄2 skein of Race Car Red or any other color for scarf, a small amount of White for hooves & Baby Blue for ears.
- Bernat Super Value Yarn; Qty: A small amount of Black, White, and Peony Pink.
- 5.5 mm (I)
- 8 mm (L)
- Bulky yarn needle / tapestry needle
- Stitch markers
- Large bag of polyester stuffing or 1 bed pillow - approximately 45 oz (1.3 kg)
Approximately 32” (81.3 cm) including ears.
To view PDF patterns you will need the latest version of Adobe Reader installed on your computer or mobile device. We do not recommend to read or print patterns directly from a web browser.